● Operating income amounted to 1 840 (1 008) TSEK.
● Operating result amounted to -10 212 (-8 149) TSEK.
● Earnings per share* amounted to -0,30 (-0,27) SEK.
● Cash and bank amounted to 118 170 (148 936) TSEK.
● Solidity** amounted to 94,3 (96,8) %.
● Operating income amounted to 3 187 (2 141) TSEK.
● Operating result amounted to -16 906 (-13 678) TSEK.
● Earnings per share* amounted to -0,22 (-0,51) SEK.
Earnings per share: Profit for the period divided by average number of shares. Average number of shares for the second quarter 2021/2022: 34,379,523 (29,717,519) shares. Average number of shares for the first half year 2021/2022: 34,379,523 (26,540,470) shares. Number of shares in NextCell as of February 28, 2022: 34,379,523 (33,712,857) shares. **Solidity: Own capital's share of the sheet total
● NextCell announced in December that it has entered into a cooperation agreement with T.A.D.1, a non-profit association whose purpose is to increase knowledge in society about type 1 diabetes and run projects in support of everyone living with and around T1D. Together we want to spread hope fortype 1 diabetes research and make NextCell's clinical trials visible.
● NextCell announced in January that the company's CEO, Mathias Svahn, had been invited to give a presentation about the company's journey in cell therapy at the Advanced Therapy Week in Miami, USA at the end of January.
● NextCell announced in early February that the company had increased its involvement in FamiCordTx, a joint venture in cell and gene therapy, in a new share issue by approximately 160 kEUR.
● NextCell announced in mid-February that a Pediatric Diabetes Study is underway and that the company is contributing ProTrans and placebo.
● NextCell announced at the end of February that the Canadian probation for ProTrans in COVID-19 will be expanded to a multicenter study
● NextCell announced at the end of October that the clinical trial ProTrans19+SE can begin recruiting patients in the mean dose group. Three patients treated with a low dose of ProTrans have been clinically evaluated and the data have been reviewed by the Safety Committee, which now allows continued medium-dose treatment of ProTrans for severe pneumonia caused by COVID-19.
● NextCell announced in early April that the stem cell bank Cellaviva has disclosed stem cells from umbilical cord blood to Rigshospitalet, Denmark's premier hospital. A sibling of the child whose umbilical cord blood was saved in cellovia's biobank, suffers from a serious blood disorderto be treated with stem cells at the Hematology Department at Rigshospitalet.
● NextCell announced in early April that all three children in the age group 12-18 years have been treated with ProTrans. Professor Per-Ola Carlsson and the study team are now moving forward with younger patients, three children in the age group 7-11 years.
This disclosure contains information that NextCell Pharma AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation (EU nr 596/2014) and the Swedish Securities Markets Act (2007:528). The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person, on 28-04-2022 08:00 CET.
Mathias Svahn, CEO
Patrik Fagerholm, CFO
Tel: 08-735 5595
NextCell is a phase II cell therapy company with the drug candidate ProTrans for the treatment of type 1 diabetes. The focus is to take ProTrans to market approval via a Phase III study. ProTrans is in addition to diabetes, used in two clinical trials for Covid-19, in Örebro and Montreal (Canada). The company is in the processes of establishing its own GMP facility for production of ProTrans. The GMP facility is expected to be ready for production of smaller quantities of ProTrans in 2023. NextCell furthermore owns 8,5% in FamicordTX, a CAR-T start-up in oncology and 100 % of Cellaviva, Scandinavia's largest stem cell bank for family saving stem cells from umbilical cord blood and umbilical cord tissue with permission from the Swedish Health and Social Care Inspectorate (IVO)