NextCell Pharma AB (publ) (NXTCL or NextCell) publishes its Interim Report 1 for the period September 1, 2022 – November 30, 2022 The report is available on the company’s website: https://www.nextcellpharma.com/en/investors#financial-report. NextCells share is traded on Nasdaq First North Growth Market under the ticker "NXTCL". The amount in brackets refers to the corresponding period in the previous year.
First quarter (2022-09-01 until 2022-11-30)
● Operating income amounted to 3 012 (1 347) TSEK, of which Cellaviva counted for 2 137 (1 346) TSEK.
● Operating result amounted to -8 918 (-6 472) TSEK.
● Earnings per share* amounted to -0,26 (-0,19) SEK.
● Cash and bank amounted to 88 259 (133 464) TSEK.
● Solidity**amounted to 92,0 (94,1) %.
*Earnings per share: Profit for the period divided by average number of shares. Average number of shares for the first quarter 2022/2023: 34,379,523 (34,379,523)shares. Number of shares in NextCell as of November 30, 2022: 34,379,523 (34,379,523) shares.
**Solidity: Own capital's share of the sheet total
Significant events in the first quarter
● NextCell announced in early September that the company's CEO Mathias Svahn gives a status update at Nordic Life Science days in Malmö, which is the Nordic region's largest partnering event in Life Science.
● In early October, the company published a debate article on particle in cell and gene therapy products with the International Society for Cell and Gene Therapy's Process Development, Manufacturing and Analytics Committee in the journal Cytotherapy.
● NextCell announced in mid-October that patients with type-1 diabetes that has undergone two treatments with a high dose of ProTrans cell therapy has maintained significantly higher endogenous insulin production than patients treated with low and medium dose.
● At the end of October, NextCell's CEO, Mathias Svahn, presented an update on the Company's achieved and ongoing clinical operations with the drug candidate ProTrans, which has been developed for type-1 diabetes, and other autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
Significant events after the reporting period
● NextCell announced in mid-December that the first two adolescents in the older age cohort (12-21 years) had undergone treatment in phase II part of the paediatric diabetes study.
● The company announced in mid-January that it had received positive comments and recommendations on the proposal for paediatric plan (PIP) previously submitted to the Paediatric Unit of the European Medicines Agency (PDCO)
● NextCell announced at the end of January that it is expanding the ProTrans study in COVID-19 to the treatment of severe pneumonia caused by influenza, RS and HMP viruses.
This information is the information that NextCell Pharma AB is required to disclose under the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was provided by the below contact person for publication on 26th January 2023, 07.30 CET.
For more information about NextCell Pharma AB, please contact:
FNCA Sweden AB is assigned as Certified Adviser, 08-528 00 399, firstname.lastname@example.org.
About NextCell Pharma AB
NextCell is a cell therapy company in clinical phase II. The company has developed a proprietary and patented platform technology to produce mesenchymal stem cells adapted for allogeneic treatment of various autoimmune and immunological diseases. The drug candidate ProTrans is now being tested for the treatment of type-1 diabetes as well as respiratory complications caused by Sars-CoV-2 infection. The focus is to take ProTrans to a market approval for type-1 diabetes via a phase III study. ProTrans is evaluated in two clinical Covid-19 studies, in Sweden and Canada. NextCell is working on completing its own GMP facility for the manufacture of ProTrans. The GMP facility is expected to be ready for manufacturing smaller quantities of ProTrans in 2023. NextCell also owns 8.5% of FamicordTX, a start-up company in CAR-T and oncology, and 100%of Cellaviva, Scandinavia's largest stem cell bank for family savings of stem cells from umbilical cord blood and umbilical cord tissue with permission from the Swedish Health and Social Care Inspectorate (IVO).
NextCell Pharma AB (“NextCell” or the “company") announces that the FDA has approved a product of multiplied stem cells from umbilical cord blood. It is a breakthrough that could lead to increased interest in saving stem cells for private use, where Cellaviva is the market leader in Scandinavia.
NextCell invited speaker at European Wound Management Association Meeting in Milan
NextCell Pharma AB´s ("NextCell" or the "Company") CSO, Dr Lindsay Davies, has been invited to give a presentation at the EWMA meeting in Milan, showcasing NextCell´s phase II clinical data with their investigative medicinal product, ProTrans, in slowing the progression of type-1 diabetes.
NextCell’s CSO elected to ISCT European Regional Secretary
NextCell Pharma AB’s ("NextCell" or the "Company") CSO, Lindsay Davies, has been officially elected to the position of European Regional Secretary for the International Society for Cell and Gene Therapy.
NextCell Pharma AB (publ) (NXTCL or NextCell) publishes its Interim Report 1 for the period September 1, 2022 – November 30, 2022 The report is available on the company’s website: https://www.nextcellpharma.com/en/investors#financial-report. NextCells share is traded on Nasdaq First North Growth Ma