Milstones achieved by NextCell Pharma
- Founders received support from Karolinska Institutet Innovation and funding from Vinnova in order to commercialize their ideas in 2013.
- The company was founded in April 2014 when Diamyd Medical AB entered as a major investor.
- In November 2014 our applications for tissue establishment and primary biobank were approved by The Health and Social Care Inspectorate (IVO). We are now the first and only Family Bank with permission from Swedish authorities, to offer stem cell banking in Sweden.
- In May 2015 we moved in to new custom built clean room facilities. The office and laboratory is located in Huddinge in KI Science Park. A strategic decision, being a part of the cluster within stem cell research and regenerative medicine.
- In September 2015 we launched our service to the public, Family Saving of blood stem cell from the umbilical cord.
- In January 2016 we were inspected by IVO with outstanding results and permits were extended.
- In September 2016 NextCell Pharma’s Cellaviva division launched Family Saving of both blood (hematopoietic) and tissue (mesenchymal) stem cells from the umbilical cord.
Milestones to be achieved
- Apply for Clinical trial Phase I / II in type 1 diabetes patients with ProTrans™
- Pre-clinical evaluation of ProTrans™ to prevent organ rejection
- Initiate the Clinical Trial
- Interim analysis, preliminary safety evaluation of ProTrans™
- Establish collaboration for initiating clinical trial of ProTrans ™ in new indication